Wednesday 11 September 2013

Art piece a day review by Daniel Grant Newton: the first week and a bit

Hey there Shambhalan,

Oh ... my ... goodness.

I have now completed week one and a bit of my art piece a day, and I can tell you, it is harder than I imagined.  Sure, the 'just do a quick drawing, Dan, nobody will notice' excuse has been in my head, but I want to deliver you - one of my favourite people because you follow my blog - the best possible work, and so I can't cheat with a 'that's good enough' drawing.  It's like doing a walk-through cheat in God mode.  That just would not be Zelda of me.

Anyway, here are three digital pieces from my first week and a bit: one spiritual guardian protecting a family from bad spirits, one band rocking the suburbs like Michael Jackson did except that he was talented, and one Goddess of the Ocean overturning a ship like a boss.  You'll notice the Mami Wata piece is a pic I drew back in Haiti, but I coloured it in to look cool and so included it for your visual ecstasy.

All artwork done by Daniel Grant Newton, naturally.  That's me, for those playing at home!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!